Monday 21 July 2008

Bobbing The Briny

We had a brilliant 3 days, 2 nights sailing the briny sea of the Whit Sunday islands. The Snorkeling was amazing, with the fish just swimming around your face and the coral being all pretty.
Everyone on board was really nice and included one guy from Brighton (who wasn't particularly sociable) and two guys from Guadalajara in Mexico who were really nice and couldn't believe I had been there.

One night, I woke up, (no the Irish man hadn't come back with a vengeance) but I found myself up an unused staircase with a door at the top leading out to the deck. I was very confused, it was pitch black so I stumbled down to find my bed (top bunk) I had to switch the light on to get back into bed so I couldn't work out how I had made it down in the dark without waking the girl underneath me up AND got up some stairs.
I never sleep walk, trust me to have my first go on a boat in the middle of the South Pacific, I'm just glad I woke up when I did. I didn't think much of it at the time but in the morning I was like "oh my gosh!!"

In Cairns now, which is very grey and humid, flying back to Sydney on saturday morning.

No comments: