Wednesday 9 April 2008

Things that go bump in the night

I hope my photos have explained what I have been doing because I have lost track. I am now back in Wellington after having an amazing 2 and a half weeks exploring the north island. I cant quite believe how much I managed to pack into the time.

Staying in hostals is not for everyone, although I really enjoy it- strange things happen, and sleep is not always possible. Oh and who invented metal bunk beds!?
One night consisted of, a girl being sick in the bathroom for hours (shared by our room of 10) we managed to find other ways to brush our teeth and all went to bed. We got woken by some very loud, harmonious singing at about 2am. It sounded like a very jolly group of south Americans but they were singing our national anthem, this went on for hours, they were in the dorm opposite so nothing could really be done. I finally got to sleep with the singing apearing in my dreams.
At about 5am I could hear Carly screaming "theres a man in my bed!!!" I turned over and thought she must be having a good dream. But sure enough there really was a man in her bed, a strapping Maori guy, half naked.
She pushed him out of bed and he stood there for a few minutes looking dazed, everyone shouting at him. He then just sat back down on her bed.
Dara, a nurse from Scotland was having none of it and marched him out of the room, locking the door behind him. He wasn't even from our dorm.

Another sleep filled night was in Auckland, when 2 of the lads I was sharing a room with came back and got into bed very loudly. They then realised they had just missed an oportunity to get laid so put the light on, got re-dressed and scrambled around trying to find their key, I then had to get up to give them my key. And spent quite a long time explaining why I didn't want to come with them.

In River valley where the dorm had around 40 people in, all sharing massive bunk beds, the public school boys got a bit excited and started throwing spaghetti around, Poor Carley got an apple thrown at her head (she's the one with a man in her bed)
I dont remeber it being this bad in Mexico, although I do remember Jamie saying he had a near miss by choosing the top bunk rather than the bottom, when a girl got wee'd on.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You get a different class of traveler in Latin America :)